How to optimize for featured snippets and boost traffic?
The holy grail of organic search results is featured snippets. Marketers all over the world are vying to get their pages to rank there. However, Google didn’t provide us with any guidance to achieve a featured snippet, but the SEO Company in Kolkata analyzed the data to win the race regardless.
While it is possible to rank for a featured snippet by accident, if you follow the top featured snippet optimization strategies of the SEO Company in Kolkata, you will have a better chance of achieving the first position on the search engine result page.
What exactly are featured snippets?
The new top results are featured snippets. They display in search results behind sponsored advertisements but above the first result in SERPs. The goal of featured snippets is to save the searcher from navigating to another website to find the information they’re looking for. Being featured implies that your brand will gain more visibility in search results.
The featured snippet appears to use a less complex algorithm than Google’s primary one. Simple on-page changes that identify the topic for users have a far higher impact on the featured snippet.
Various Types of Featured Snippets
The following are the four main types of featured snippets:
- Paragraph featured snippet: This is the most common form of featured snippet. Google scrapes text from a page to answer the question of the searcher. The majority of these featured snippet titles begin with ‘why’ or ‘what’, indicating that they are mostly informative. The problem with featured snippets for businesses is that the searcher will get all the information they need from the snippet and not need to click through to their website. Therefore, you must discover query keywords with a low Keyword Difficulty (KD) score.
- The table featured snippets: Table snippets are frequently displayed in blogs that include rates, years, prices, and other numerical data. Ensure that your table has more than four rows to enhance the likelihood of individuals clicking over to your site.
- The list featured snippets: List featured snippets account for 19% of all featured snippets, with an average of 6 items and 44 words. Listicle highlighted snippets come in two varieties: numbered list and bulleted list. A numbered list is often returned when a search query asks how to do something. Bulleted list snippets are commonly offered for questions with several responses.
- The video featured snippets: When consumers search for how-to demonstrations or specific music, these snippets are immensely helpful. Because highlighted snippets are a relatively new format, they are rarely used for a large proportion of search results. You can focus on the video featured snippets if your audience watches a lot of video content.
Strategies to optimize featured snippet
- Target questions: Questions are among the most effective keywords for featured snippets. It’s easy for Google to figure out what the searcher wants. It’s also simpler to develop optimal content that is easy to understand and addresses the questions. Enter your target keywords into Google and look at the “People also ask” area to identify question-based search queries. Then, you may use these questions to generate new optimized content.
- Long-tail keywords: Long-tail keywords are more likely to generate featured snippets. Google would not show featured snippets for the most popular keywords because they often trigger the majority of featured snippets. Instead of packing multiple keywords, develop in-depth content using one or two long-tail keywords.
- Competitive analysis: You should look for featured snippets that your competitors are presently ranking for. While you’re looking for all of these things, you might want to see if Google is currently displaying featured snippets for keywords for which you already rank high. You can begin revising your content for optimal optimization after getting this information.
- Add images: A featured snippet with an eye-catching image can enhance the amount of space your snippet occupies on the SERP and increase CTR. Include plenty of relevant, SEO-optimized photos in your content because rich visual content can improve user experience and engagement. You can reupload photographs regularly to keep them fresh in Google’s eyes.
If you’d like to speak with an SEO expert about getting your website ranked in featured snippets, contact DotCreative today or visit their website